Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Other Day

Today Zoe grabbed a rubber stamp from my desk and said, “You know, I smelled this stamp the other day. It smells like Band-aids.” I stared at her in disbelief for a moment, of course. Then I sniffed the stamp in order to verify her assessment. I was smart enough to sniff it away from Zoe so she couldn’t ink me by smooshing it into my face. And you know what? It smelled strongly of Band-aids. It made me wonder how often Zoe sneaks around the office, sniffing items from other people's desks. It also made we wonder why Zoe won't smell the jar. It's like Meatloaf knew Zoe when he wrote, "I'd Sniff Anything for No Reason (But I Won't Sniff That)." I can't stand Meatloaf myself, but I hear others are quite into him.

3 comments:

Ivan the Terrible said...

Does she truly smoosh you with inky pads, Esther? How you suffer for your art! I had no idea Zoe was so childish.

Mind you, this sudden craving for smells does suggest that she is pregnant after all. Tho' the bizarre bias in favour of rubber is a little alarming.

Most normal pregnant females develop cravings for unusual foods, such as garlic and anchovy sandwiches with a side order of crunchy, nutritious coal. Interesting new smells follow in due course, which is all pleasingly circular. Perhaps you could buy her some coal for Christmas? As she's obviously been rutting like some sort of drunken stoat all year, she surely can't expect to find anything else in her stocking this year?

Ivan the Terrible said...

By the way, your word verificator says phsta. I approve.

Anonymous said...

hehe this is funny my name is zoe but i dant smell things lol xx

Blog Archive