Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Zoe Wants Chips

Yesterday, Zoe came in to the real office and said that she was hungry for potato chips, but she was worried that her chip-crunching noise would offend the people in the other office. I told her that she should ask the other-office people in advance. She should announce, "Hey, I would like to go get a bag of chips. Will my crunching bother anyone here? Anyone? A show of hands?" She said that she wouldn't ask that. I told her that I would go in there and talk to those people for her, but she said that wouldn't be necessary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a funny thing. Because when Zoe is in her Normal Office with Us, she doesn't ask self-conscious questions like this. She doesn't ask if her rattling of wrappers or crunching of fried orts is bothersome to us. She doesn't worry that by playing the Quiznos song over and over on her Real Player and laughing so hard that she accidentally "lets one slide" that she might be offending us.

And the stranger part of the story is that Zoe's chortles and guffaws are not bothersome to us. As a matter of fact, when she's down the hall in that office far, far away, we actually wish that she was here with us.

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is zoë too. I think chips should rule the world and everyone should become obesse on them and the crunching sound of chips is rather enjoyable in my oopion.

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is zoë too. I think chips should rule the world and everyone should become obesse on them and the crunching sound of chips is rather enjoyable in my oopion.

Anonymous said...

i like it

Blog Archive