Monday, December 13, 2004

Code

Zoe called from far away and wanted to know, among other things, the current office gossip. Rather that admit to her that I am not the go-to person for gossip, I told her that I would write down all the current gossip in code. That way, she will never know how little I know. Here it is. Can you crack it? I can’t:

Things around the office have never been better. Uncle Fluoride cleaned teeth and prevented cavities from here to there. Influenza was a problem in 1918. People died, but nobody knew whom to blame. Uncle Fluoride blamed the government, and said so in a 70-page tract written in milk on black paper. Not a success.

Someone blasted a hole into the side of the USS Pony with a raft full of burning aerosol cans. Imagine the confusion! The galley slaves rowed on, but demanded slippers for their feet. The bowels of a ship can be a cold place. When the slippers came, they fell like rain.

I did not get a pay raise. Big Pocket says “Are you kidding?”

No comments:

Blog Archive