Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thank You for the Lemon Drops

Today Zoe brought me a bag of lemon drops because she “didn’t want them.” She also said that the bag was open because “the bag was on [her] counter top and Steve opened it and ate some.” Later she mentioned that Steve “bought her the lemon drops in the first place.” Look, if I wanted to hear about what Steve buys and eats, I’d phone Steve. Do you see me dialing Steve? No, you do not. I am a very busy woman. But rest assured that when I do phone Steve, I’m going to ask him why he thought it necessary to hijack the very the lemon drops he bought me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would it take for you to murder Zoe?

Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

First, we don’t say “murder,” we say “murther.” Second, I’m never going to murther Zoe. Scorn and pester, yes, but murther, no.

Blog Archive